Thursday, July 14, 2011

Submerged!

It was an awesome weekend of diving on the 9th and 10th as I finally completed my Open Water certification and did a total of 4 beach dives in Far Rockaway. These were my first dives in Long Island waters and I can safely say that I am not going to stop diving here anytime soon. You would be surprised at how much life is within 20 yards of the beach. The visibility may be much less then in tropical waters, but that is only due to the immense amount of plankton in the water which allows massive ecosystems to thrive in colder Long Island waters. These dives have made me excited to see what else our own backyard can hold, and I plan on diving again as soon as I get the chance.

3 comments:

  1. wow! the video came out great bro! Thnx for putting me in there too. You def got some great footage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man, can't wait for the advanced dives

    ReplyDelete
  3. me too, should be a good time.

    ReplyDelete