Monday, May 23, 2011

The Start of Summer

It's finally here! Schools out till late August and the Happy Jack is being prepped for action. The weather may not be cooperating, as it seems to rain almost every day but its got to get nicer eventually and the Fitzpatrick fishing team plans to make the most of it this year. John, Mike, and myself have all entered into the 2011 Striper Cup, a full season contest with multiple categories and prizes for catching our specialty fish, the striped bass. There are even special pins awarded for catching a 30, 40, 50, or 60 pound fish, and $10,000 grand prize as well as a boat drawing. Will we be able to break into the 50 pounder club this year? Only time will tell.


The wait is killing me to get out on the water this season but hopefully my patience will be rewarded in a few weeks or so. To help pass the time here is a look at one of the outings I went on over this last semester at Oneonta. It was a 24 hour trip into the woods near my school completely alone. I really enjoyed the experience as it was a great way to reflect on your life and help give direction to where you want to go. The video may be boring but if you ever get the chance do it, I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment